Wolfram Schier is professor for prehistoric archaeology at the Freie Universität Berlin. He studied at the universities of Munich, Saarbrücken and Oxford and received his PhD in 1985.
At Topoi he is member of the project “Raumwirksame Innovationen und mobile Lebensweise im Nordpontikum (3500-2000 v. Chr.). Further he takes part in the lecture “Technologietransfer in der prähistorischen Feinschmiedekunst Westeuropas – Archäometrisches Kolloquium”.
His research focusses on the neolithic of South- and Middle Europe, social structure and social change during europoean Iron Age, and the diachrone and comparative archaeology of settlements and landscape.
- Jul 05, 2012TalkSpeaker
- May 05, 2011LectureInterdisziplinäre Studien zum Technologietransfer in der prähistorischen Feinschmiedekunst Westeuropas - Archäometrisches KolloquiumOrganiser
- Mar 24, 2010ConferenceMigrations in Prehistory and Early History: Stable Isotopes and Population Genetics – New Answers to Old Questions?Chair, Organiser
- Oct 01, 2009ConferenceSpeaker
- May 12, 2009TalkKonzept der Forschergruppe A-II - Spatial effects of technological innovation and changing way of lifePart of: Research Area A - Spatial Knowledge and Conceptional DesignSpeaker
- May 12, 2009LectureSpeaker