Cornelia Kleinitz is an archaeologist and historian with special interests in Africa’s past and present, rock art and graffiti, theory in archaeology, the politics of heritage and identity, archaeological heritage management as well as open access initiatives and the application of digital documentation techniques in the humanities. She holds a Magister degree in (Ancient) History from Freie Universität Berlin, and Master’s and PhD degrees in Archaeology from University College London (UCL). Cornelia held post-doctoral positions at the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science in Berlin and at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, where she is now a senior lecturer at the Department of Northeast African Archaeology and Cultural Studies (AKNOA), the curator of the Sudan Archaeological Collection & Archive and the co-director of the Humboldt University Archaeological Mission to Musawwarat es-Sufra (Sudan).
In Topoi I she was involved in the Cross Sectional Group (E-CSG-V) Space and Collective Identities. In Topoi II, Cornelia is part of the junior research group “Space and Knowledge Related Identification” within the research group (B-4) Space – Identity – Locality and of the research project “Archaeotopia” within the research group (C-3) Fragments, Ruins and Space: the Perception and Representation of Ancient Spaces in Modern Contexts .
- 28.10.2016TalkPart of: Signs of Place: A Visual Interpretation of LandscapeSpeaker
- 3.6.2016TalkPart of: Übersetzen in Altertum und Altertumswissenschaften – Methoden, Praktiken, PhänomeneSpeaker
- 19.6.2015TalkRepresenting the heritages of Mograt Island: a reflection on identification processes among archaeological and local communities in SudanPart of: Ancient Identities and Modern Identification: Space, Knowledge and RepresentationSpeaker
- 22.10.2012TalkPart of: Reflectance Transformation Imaging (RTI)Speaker
- 7.7.2012TalkPart of: Global heritage – worlds apart: The cultural production, appropriation and consumption of archaeological heritage spacesSpeaker
- 6.7.2012TalkPart of: Global heritage – worlds apart: The cultural production, appropriation and consumption of archaeological heritage spacesSpeaker
- 6.7.2012 - 7.7.2012ConferenceGlobal heritage – worlds apart: The cultural production, appropriation and consumption of archaeological heritage spacesOrganiser
- TalkPart of: Workshop: Between Memory Sites and Memory NetworksSpeaker
- 23.5.2011 - 24.5.2011WorkshopSpeaker
- 17.2.2011TalkPart of: Second meeting of the CSG-V-think tankSpeaker
- TalkPart of: Archaeotopia: the Archaeological Site as Focus, Expression and Motor of Collective IdentitiesSpeaker
- 4.6.2010 - 5.6.2010WorkshopOrganiser, Speaker
- 1.12.2009TalkPart of: CSG V - Forum "Space & Collective Identities"Speaker
- 13.11.2009TalkPart of: Digitale Dokumentationsmethoden in TopoiSpeaker