Carmen Marcks-Jacobs studied Classical Archaeology at the Philipps-Universität Marburg, and the Universität zu Köln. She is a member of the Excellence Cluster 264 Topoi since 2008. First she worked as coordinator of Research Group E-I, and since October 2011 she coordinates work in Research Area B. As a member of the group E-I and part of a team that deals with the subject “Spoliierung und Transposition. Kategorien und Methoden einer objektorientierten Archäologie antiker und antikisierender Räume und Raumvorstellungen” she concentrated her research work on phenomena of reuse of ancient buildings and monuments in Early Islamic Spain and focused on questions like the tradition of knowledge and the continuity of function in context of urban transformation. Her main fields of interest are the archaeology of the Iberian Peninsula, Roman sculpture and history of collection of antiquities.
Since November 2011 she is coordinator for the Berlin Graduate School of Ancient Studies (BerGSAS) at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
- Nov 10, 2011ConferenceOrganiser
- Jan 28, 2011WorkshopChair
- Nov 04, 2010ConferenceChair, Organiser
- Apr 29, 2010WorkshopOrganiser
- Apr 27, 2010TalkOrganiser
- Apr 22, 2010WorkshopOrganiser
- Nov 05, 2009TalkPart of: Perspectives of Research on SpoliaSpeaker
- Nov 05, 2009ConferenceOrganiser, Speaker