Carmen Marcks-Jacobs studied Classical Archaeology at the Philipps-Universität Marburg and the Universität zu Köln. In 2005 she received her doctoral degree from the Universtät zu Köln. She has been a member of the Excellence Cluster Topoi since 2008. From 2008 to 2011 she was the coordinator of research group (E-I) Spaces of Motion. Since November 2011 she has been coordinator of the Graduate School of Ancient Studies (BerGSAS) at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
Within the first funding phase of Topoi she concentrated her research work on phenomena of reuse of ancient buildings and monuments in Early Islamic Spain and focused on questions like the tradition of knowledge and the continuity of function in context of urban transformation. Her main fields of interest are the archaeology of the Iberian Peninsula, Roman sculpture and history of collection of antiquities.
Since November 2011 Carmen Marcks-Jacobs has been coordinator of the Berlin Graduate School of Ancient Studies (BerGSAS) at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
- 22.6.2017 - 24.6.2017SeminarVergleich und Grenzen der Vergleichbarkeit in den AltertumswissenschaftenOrganiser
- 16.5.2017 - 19.5.2017Colloquium5. JahrgangOrganiser
- 30.5.2016 - 3.6.2016ColloquiumOrganiser
- 18.5.2015 - 21.5.2015ColloquiumOrganiser
- 10.11.2011 - 11.11.2011ConferenceOrganiser
- 4.11.2010 - 5.11.2010ConferenceChair, Organiser
- TalkPart of: Perspectives of Research on SpoliaSpeaker
- 5.11.2009 - 6.11.2009ConferenceOrganiser, Speaker