The Key Topic Mapping was to integrate discussions on maps in a wider sense, i.e. the representation of spatial entities or conceptual entities and theirs interrelations in physical or mental diagrams, maps, and images.
This may include …
- Topographical maps (in a wider sense): Modern topographical maps, GIS, 3D models, e.g. or ancient topographical maps.
- Topological diagrams/plans/maps like the route map of the BVG, also Mental Maps (German Kognitive Karte) of, e.g., cities.
- Diagrammatical iconographic analysis of ancient images.
- Thematic diagrams, e.g., Mind Maps.
- Genealogical stemmata.
- Diagrammatical structure of texts, e.g., deixis, narrative frame structure, …
- Diagrammatical structure of language, e.g., Semantic Maps
- Metaphorical mapping (Blending Theory).