The aim of the research group was the analysis of spatial practices and techniques of space production as well as space organization since antiquity. Taking classical antiquity as a starting point, these spatial practices and techniques were explored with regard to alterations and transformations that gave rise to and resulted in the reorganization and reevaluation of cultural theory. The six research projects of the CSG-II focused on either a corporeal, a social, an agricultural, a metrological or a networked epistemology of space. In doing so, they aimed at specific perspectives as well as at a historical synthesis of cultural theories.
The website tonargumente.org records talks on culture theory and is initiated by this group.
- Die Frau im Haus. Die Stellung der Frau in ökonomischen Schriften der Antike und in der Hausväterliteratur der frühen Neuzeit (Arbeitstitel).
- Epistemologische Figuren und Konfigurationen der Orientierung
- Strategies of Visualization in German Archaeology, 19th-20th c.
- Vernetzen! Eine Medienkulturgeschichte
- Agrimensura. Culture, Agriculture and "Agrimensura" in the Roman Empire and in 15th and 16th-century Italy
- Dienen. Von der Sklaverei zur Dienstleistungsgesellschaft
- History of Cultural Theories