The grave of Konrad von Burgsdorff, who died in 1652, was uncovered 2008 in a vault or partly destroyed crypt in the area of Berlin Cathedral, in the area of the former Dominican Monastery in the city centre. The corpse was buried, together with 17 other burials, in a sarcophagus in a vault on the periphery of the monastery’s church. Due to the poor preservation of the sheet metal parts, the excavator decided to lit the burial as a block. Detailed records were made in the conservation laboratories of the Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft (HTW Berlin). The aim was to preserve any surface detail in situ, be it decoration, colour, metal or textile applications. The sarcophagus turned out to be constructed of two main parts – a lower container and a lid, both made of sheet metal soldered at the edges. The outer sides were decorated with metal parts: rings with lions’ heads serving as handles, borders with scroll motifs, two angels’ heads and several round medallions. A wooden coffin with a textile lining contained the corpse. The fill of the vault with building rubble damaged the sarcophagus which broke under the load of the rubble. The analyses and a comparison with sarcophagi of similar date in the crypt of the royal family of Hohenzollern in Berlin Cathedral allow us to propose a convincing virtual reconstruction of the sarcophagus of Konrad von Burgsdorff.