Kristoph Jürgens is active in Topoi as a doctoral fellow at the Berlin Graduate School of Ancient Studies, PhD program Landscape Archaeology and Architecture (LAA). His dissertation project deals with the Greek festive culture of the eastern Aegean in the Hellenistic and Roman imperial periods. It discusses to what extent archaeological methods combined with approaches borrowed from research into space, ritual and identity can contribute to the investigation of ancient festivals. It also seeks to reconstruct selected festival complexes based on the interdependence of material, performative and mnemohistorical structures. Moreover, the project will address the structure of the festival with regard to the generation and mediation of social images of identity in a historical context.
- 17.10.2015TalkPart of: Funktionale Ausdifferenzierung öffentlicher Räume in antiken StädtenSpeaker
- 16.10.2015 - 17.10.2015WorkshopOrganiser
- 21.10.2013Talk...bei dem Kolloquium des Instituts für Klassische Archäologie (FU)Part of: Landscape Archeology and Architecture (LAA) zu Gast....Speaker
- 21.10.2013 - 11.12.2013Lecture SeriesOrganiser
- 29.1.2013TalkPart of: Forschungskolloquium LAASpeaker