Nils Schellmann is a Doctoral Fellow of Area E’s Research Group “Spaces of Motion”. He is writing his doctoral thesis on spaces of antiquity in early modern novels. Additionally he organized an interdisciplinary colloquium on Theories of Space with Doctoral Fellows Maximilian Benz and Claudia Gräßner in 2009/10 and is currently participating in the Workshop Series “Movement Space – Kolleg Bewegungsraum”. He is interested in the poetics of the early modern novel, the concept of space in literary theory and the relation between literature and knowledge, particularly the poetology of spatial knowledge.
- Jan 28, 2011WorkshopChair
- Jun 11, 2010TalkPart of: Bilder vom Nirgendwo. Über Utopie und KartographieSpeaker
- Jun 11, 2010ConferenceSpeaker
- Feb 05, 2010TalkPart of: Werkstattgespräch ISpeaker
- Feb 05, 2010WorkshopPart of: Das Konzept des Bewegungsraums in philosophisch-kulturtheoretischer PerspektiveSpeaker
- Nov 03, 2009ColloquiumOrganiser